Leobody/LeobodyC5

The Simplicity Of Beauty, Wellness & My Lifestyle!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

On The Grind.....


Powerlifting.... one of the old school meat & potatoes of bodybuilding!

While approaching the weighted barbell on the floor in front of me after doing my squats at the power rack yesterday, I felt so alive & hyped-up. After my whole workout was done, I was completely worn out and in much need of a nap.

Although I'm no stranger to weightlifting, as of lately I've incorporated powerlifting into my leg workouts. Why? First off, they are very effective in increasing strength to the quads, glutes & hamstrings. Second, it works all three areas previously mentioned at the same time & third for women... men too, it ascetically pulls the whole look of the lower body together when combined with squats, leg extentions/curls. Genetically, my legs can handle much heavier weight than my upper body since the women in my Mother's family have wonderfully strong legs. In fact most females are stronger in their lower body than upper which I'm working to equally bring the two together.

I'm pretty sure when a well-known person quoted "no pain, no gain" they came up with this on leg day :^P

No comments:

Post a Comment