Leobody/LeobodyC5

The Simplicity Of Beauty, Wellness & My Lifestyle!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Glad I Don't Go Through That...


Good for you then. Shut up!

That's my usual sarcastic response to women who down play my cramps that come from the deep brimstone of hell.

Since age twelve I've suffered from horrible menstrual cramps and since I was well informed about womanhood before the big event, I thought "hey, this terrible pain is normal" and pretty much dealt with it until a few years later. At fourteen during a Gyno visit, I was told cramps aren't supposed to be that bad. They weren't supposed to keep you in bed for 3-5 days, cause your thighs to hurt when you walk, nor was skipping cycles but still experiencing pain. All of this so-called "punishment" was due to endometriosis.

Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue that behaves like the cells lining the uterus (endometrium) grows in other areas of the body, causing pain, irregular bleeding, and possible infertility. Usually hereditary.

Fast forward some years later and two endoscopy endometrium ablations, I still deal with the debilitating but not as bad pain, fortunately I'm not bearing but have no kids out of choice and have learn to adjust through exercise, diet, limiting stress & a great OBGYN.

But when the going gets tough, I sit everything aside & give in to a heating pad(doing this as I'm currently typing) and some really good sleep.

4 comments:

  1. thanks to Yoga I no longer have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a nurse, we provide emotional support and our major concern is geared toward meeting your informational needs. Our patients are encouraged to verbalize feelings and concerns. Endo (with in) metra(uterus) osis (condition). Continue to positively vent and heat pack and you'll be fine. Your team nurse watinae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too suffer from this debilitating disease. I have had 2 endo ablations and have recently considered a hysterectomy as I do have 1 child, but was told that since the endo cells travel and attach in other areas of the body I could still have symptoms after a hysterectomy. Yoga has helped a lot with discomfort as well as castor oil packs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call my periods my sister from red hills. I get painful cramps and heavy onslaughts of menstrual flow. The backs of my legs hurt and can be out of action for days at a time and am very close to my water bottle too. Fibroids.. so yes I actually understand ur situation, believe me I can understand!

    ReplyDelete