Leobody/LeobodyC5

The Simplicity Of Beauty, Wellness & My Lifestyle!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stay In Your Lane...



We're not even on the same interstate so what in the hell are you talking about?


Blogging can be cathartic. How so? Let me show you.

I attend PLENTY of functions; casual, cocktail, black tie, etc. My most recent event... well lets just say it just notary-stamped something I've been very aware of since entering into adulthood & more since living in L.A for 2.5 years. I've notice this "Stay In Your Lane" mentality that certain folks seem to uphold out here like it's some sort of law. I'm sure those of you who follow me here &/or on Youtube are intelligent enough to know what I speak of.

Just like fingerprints, all of us are not the same. We don't look the same, don't have the same taste... you know. Why in the hell are some just so eager to have these monolithic boxes/slots to place us in? Don't fit in one, then you are a problem:

You will be stared at.
You will be treated like some alien.
You will not be shown respect.
You're opinionated & don't brown-nose? Uh-oh, you are breaking the law!

To keep this from being a babbling post, I will end it by saying I don't do mammy, jezebel, I'm not trying to assimilate your likeness this is how I naturally look(a flat iron cannot change your race, sorry to those of you who thought so.)

We are just as eclectic as everyone else. Now either get out of my face or I will accelerate more speed to do it for you.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! You went all the way in and still did it with style and grace! Smooches!

    ReplyDelete