Leobody/LeobodyC5

The Simplicity Of Beauty, Wellness & My Lifestyle!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Oddball...


"You were born an original. Don't die a copy." ~ John Mason


I saw this quote in my twitter feed today from motivational speaker Les Brown. It took to me immediately since most of life I've never fit in ANYWHERE.

Since I was a child I've always marched to the beat of my own drum but learned quickly that "one doesn't do such" from others. I was fortunate to have parents who would just let me be, which gave me somewhat of an optimistic view of my character. When I became a teen(those darn teen years... UGH) although I've always held a bit steadfast in my personal morals, trying to fit in became something I thought would make my life easier. Conformity always seem like the answer to a smooth sailing life; don't be difficult, follow others, get in line, join the heard! Does it work? Speaking from my own experience.... HELL NO! What conformity does to one that was not meant to follow:

-Cause frustration
-Dims that internal spark
-Drive you nuts

I look back on my late teen years when I finally start to search for that little girl & asked her to teach me that funky 808 dance she created. To this day, I can do it at anytime. Even in my sleep.

Btw... in every heard of sheep there's always a black one that will never blend in no matter how hard they try... BAH BAH!

1 comment:

  1. I was able to see him in person (Les Brown) for a motivational speech here in Detroit. Absolutely amazing! and yes it is always harder to be yourself :) I learned and am still learning that lesson - seeing as how I'm only 22! But I've just come to believe that God has certain people He's designed to standout. We were created that way :)

    ReplyDelete