Leobody/LeobodyC5

The Simplicity Of Beauty, Wellness & My Lifestyle!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Atlanta...


As I made mention in a previous posting, I just returned from spending a week in Atlanta for my birthday this year. Since living out here in Los Angeles a little over two years now, I always return home a couple of times a year since "Hollyweird" can drive one to insanity a FULL 365 days a year... of course I'm speaking for myself. Yes this town has lot's going on, eclectic mix of cultures, people, etc but it's no Atlanta... it can't be 'cause it's L.A(my snarky sense of humor.)

I was born & raise in Atlanta with most of my adult life living in North Atlanta. Does it mean that I will be bias and pro-Atlanta? Yes & no:

Pros
-Loved ones are there
-Cost of living half of L.A
-More green space & fresh air
-I'm a driver & truly appreciate the better roads and practical interstate design
-Lots of free parking
-People seem to get along and agree to disagree
-Etc...

Cons
-It gets DANGEROUSLY hot in the summer with July and August being the worst
-Political system
-A few VERY rigid Southern traditions are alive & well in 2011
-Organic food especially fruits & veggies cost twice as much if not more
-Closed-minded people outnumber open-minded people
-Etc...

My recent visit I felt more like a visitor... talk about a strange "epiphany" while waiting at baggage claim in Hartsfield International Airport around midnight listening to Andre 3000 "She Lives In My Lap" on my iPod Shuffle clipped to my jumpsuit. As soon as I walked out to my shuttle, the Summer night time warm breeze surrounded me with a familiar calm. A week later, after being stuck on the L.A.X tarmac in a plane a bit longer than I like after landing, waiting impatiently at baggage claim and on a super shuttle in L.A traffic...


I'm just happy to be in my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment